|Visitor access below:
CHART'S & PHOTO'S!
Arnould dit Villeneuve
Lecoup dit Villeneuve
POST A QUERY HERE
|Member access below:
CIVIL WAR PENSION
NY CENSUS IMAGES
POST A MESSAGE
|Spelling Variations Include:|
|Amiot, Amiot dit Villeneuve, Amiott, Amiotte, Amyot, Amyott, Amyotte, Amyot dit Villeneuve, Arnoul dit Villeneuve, Arnould dit Villeneuve, Charlebois dit Villeneuve, d'Estaing deVilleneuve, de Villeneuve,
de Villeneuve-Bargemon, de Villeneuve-Esclapon,
de Villeneuve-Trans, Henry de Villeneuve, Lecoup dit Villeneuve,
Lecoupe dit Villeneuve, Newton, Newtown, Newvine, Villanueva,
Villeneuve, Villeneufve, Villneuve, Vilnave, Villnave, Villneve, Villnuve, Villneff, Vilneff, Villneuf, Vinlove, and maybe even more!
|de Villeneuve-Esclapon Connection:
Hercule de Villeneuve, a lord of Esclapon and the son of Jean II, baron
of Tourrettes and of the Nepoule Marie Pierrette d'Oraison, died in 1586
Page 1. (p. 207)
Branch of the Lords of Esclapon
XII. Hercule de Villeneuve (son of Jean de Villeneuve, baron of
Tourrettes and of Pierrette d'Oraison, see page 177), lord of Esclapon,
born December 31, 1585 in Tourrettes (chr. of Tr.), had long law suits
with the barons of Tourrettes, Jean, Gaspard and Pierre, about the
legacy of 10000 pounds which had been made by his father, and about the
heritage of his Isabeau sister, who was the main large collector. It is
in consequence of this heritage that it was fixed at Valensole. He had
abjured Protestantism in 1620. It was tried in Manosque, March 28,
1644(1), in favor of his oldest son, to allow his wife the pleasure of
her goods and died on January 28, 1660, in Valensole (r.p.).
Wife 1. Anne Flotte of Meaux, married in Draguigan, February 2,
1620 (pr.) and p.c. of same day (pr.), daughter of Ferreol Flotte, lord
of Meaux and of Seillans, lieutenant of submissions on the seat of
Draguigan, and of Francoise de Fabry. She died July 12, 1632 at
1. Charles-Valensole de Villeneuve, baptized May 9, 1621, at Valensole
(2). Died December 4, 1621, at Valensole (2).
2. Elisabeth de Villeneuve, born January 2nd and baptized June 15, 1624
at Valensole. Died March 24, 1624 (ibid.)
3. Jean-Antoine de Villeneuve, born December 5, 1625 at Valensole (2).
Died December 15, 1625 (2)
4. Francoise de Villeneuve, born June 11, 1627 at Valensole (2). Died
January 5, 1642 at Aups (2).
5. Anne de Villeneuve, born October 15, 1631 at Valensole (2), took the
veil with Ursulines de Barjals December 23, 1645 (2).
Footnotes for page 1:
(1) Received notary Locques quotations in the book of reason of
Jean-Baptiste de Villeneuve-Esclapon (p. 209) apparenant with the count
Helion de Villeneuve-Esclapon (p. 215)
(2) Book of reason of Jean-Baptiste de Villeneuve-Esclapon.
Page 2. (p. 208)
Wife II. Honorade de Barras, married p.c. October 25, 1633 (pr.),
daughter of Jean de Barras, lord of Clumanc, and d'Helene de Blacas
d'Aups. She died August 29, 1684, at Valensole (1).
6. Antoine de Villeneuve, born August 4, 1634 and baptized June 10,
1635, at Valensole.(r.p.), died October 18, 1635 (ibid.).
7. Helene de Villeneuve, born July 15, 1636, at Valensole (1), married
November 16, 1651, at Valensole and p.c. November 15, 1651 (pr.), to
Claude De Villeneuve, lord of Tourrettes-les-Vence (p. 309), died in
1676. She died after 1676 and before 1694.
8. Angelique de Villeneuve, born January 28, 1633, at Valensole, married
September 3, 1656, at Valensole (1), and p.c. September 2, 1656 (pr.),
to Horace de Castellane, lord of Auzet, widower of Francoise de Tabaret,
son of Scipion de Castellane, lord of Majastres, and of Cassandre de
Lombard-Gourdon. Horace de Castellane died in 1667. And his widow after
9. Cesar de Villeneuve, born January 29, 1640, at Valensole (1), died
shortly after (1).
10. Blanche-Ursule de Villeneuve, (1), born October 22, 1643, at
Valensole (1), became a nun of Ursuline at Riez, March 24, 1660 (1),
died before 1677.
11. Francois de Villeneuve, born June 23, 1648, at Valensole (1), died
March 20, 1650, at Valensole (1).
12. Hercule de Villeneuve: as follows
XIII. Hercule de Villeneuve, lord of Esclapon, born and baptized
September 29, 1649, at Valensole (1), on May 26, 1678 did one
transaction with Pierre de Villeneuve, count of Tourrettes (p. 181), by
giving him the ground of Esclapon on which it had been discussed. (chr.
de Tr.). He was consulate of Valensole; tried in Aix, November 26, 1708
(pr.) in favor of his son, Jean-Baptiste and died November 5, 1714, at
Wife I. Marguerite Arnoux, married p.c. on November 27, 1681 (pr.),
daughter of Vincent Arnoux, of the village of Riez, lawyer in
Parliament, and of Claire de Gaudemar. She died August 24, 1686 (1).
Footnote for page 2:
(1) Book of reason of Jean-Baptiste de Villeneuve-Esclapon.
Page 3. (p. 208)
1. Elzear de Villeneuve, born on the 8th and baptized on the 9th of
March 1683 at Valensole (r.p.), died September 8, 1683 (ibid.)
2. Jean-Baptiste de Villeneuve, as follows
Wife II. Jeanne de Burle, married March 22, 1687, daughter of
Marc-Antoine de Burle, lord of Champclos, lawyer, and of Claire due
Virail-Lavallee. She died after 1731.
3. Eustache de Villeneuve, born the 25th and baptized the 26th of March
1688, at Valensole (r.p.), a consulate of Valensole, and died without
alliance June 24, 1764, at Valensole (r.p.).
4. Claire de Villeneuve, born the 17th and baptized the 18th of
September 1691, at Valensole (r.p.), died September 18, 1692 (ibid.)
5. Roseline de Villeneuve, born and baptized April 6, 1695, at Valensole
(r.p.), died April 15, 1695 (ibid.)
6. Francois de Villeneuve, born and baptized November 18, 1696, at
Valensole (r.p.), married February 5, 1731, at Valensole (r.p.) to
Antoine Dezien, lawyer in Parliament, son of Jean-Antoine Dezien,
lawyer, and of OlympeDeaudet. She died December 24, 1737 at Valensole
7. Hercule de Villeneuve, born and baptized April 2, 1699, at Valensole
(r.p.), died July 27, 1701 (1).
XIV. Jean-Baptiste de Villeneuve, born and baptized December 25, 1684,
at Valensole (r.p.), obtained with his brother, Eustace, a certificate
of nobility of Cardin Lebreth, intendant of Provence, December 17, 1707
(p.r.), was a consul of Valensole, tested (*) on December 23, 1755 (Pr.)
in favor of his son, Charles-Pierre, and died onJanuary 14, 1756 in
Wife. Lucrece Dezein, married at Valensole, January 25, 1717 (r.p.), and
p.c. January 24, 1717 (p.r.), daughter of Charles Dezein, advocate to
Digne, and of Louise Isoard. She died June 15, 1762, at Valensole
1. Blanche-Rosaline de Villeneuve, born the 5th and baptized the 6th of
October 1717, at Valensole (r.p.). Died August 18, 1718 (ibid.).
footnote for page 3:
(1) Book of reason of Jean-Baptiste de Villeneuve-Esclapon.
(*) it can mean 3 things: tested, tried, testify
Page 4. (p. 209)
2. Claire-Louise de Villeneuve, born and baptized April 25, 1719, at
Valensole (r.p.), was nun of Ursuline at Valensole, where she died April
3. Anne-Victoria de Villeneuve, born the 11th and baptized the 12th of
April, 1721, at Valensole (r.p.). Died April 25, 1721 (ibid.).
4. Francoise-Roseline de Villeneuve, born and baptized November 29,1722,
at Valensole (r.p.). Was nun of the Visitation of Digne. She died March
5. Charles-Pierre de Villeneuve, as follows.
6. Hercule-Louis de Villeneuve, born the 30th and baptized the 31st of
March 1725, at Valensole (r.p.), died October 3, 1725 (ibid.).
7. Jean-Baptiste de Villeneuve, born the 9th and baptized the 10th of
February 1727, at Valensole (r.p.), embraced the position of clergyman
and was priest of Valensole. At the time of the civil constitution from
the clergy, he was named bishop of Digne, consecrated June 2, 1791 and
installed the following June 15. He occupied that seat up to 1793 and
died December 23, 1798, at Valensole.
8. Joseph de Villeneuve, born July 20, 1728, at Valensole (r.p.) died
the same day (ibid.).
9. Antoine de Villeneuve, born the 5th and baptized the 6th of June,
1730, at Valensole (r.p.), religious benediction at Valensole. Was prior
endorser from dean of Valensole, and prior of Sainte-Foi of Longueville,
in the diocese of Rouen.* He died January 15, 1799, at Valensole (r.p.).
10. Hercule-Xavier de Villeneuve, born and baptized June 3, 1732, at
Valensole (r.p.), was sublieutenant in regiment of Flandre March 3,
1753, lieutenent of the same regiment May 15, 1755, captain of same
regiment November 23, 1759, captain of regiment of Touraine February 29,
1768, captain of grenadiers in regiment of Savoie-Carignan September 1,
1777, and knight of Sainte-Louis March 1, 1778. He discharged the
service with the commission of lieutenent-colonel April 5, 1780,
testament (?) December 9, 1807, and died May 30, 1809 at Valensole
11. Marc-Antoine-Eugene de Villeneuve, born and baptized March 23, 1734,
at Valensole (r.p.), religious benediction at Valensole, prior to, was
financier of Saint-Barthelemy of Montaux-sur-Garonne in the diocese of
Rieux. And died September 14, 1792, at Valensole.
Page 5. (p. 210)
12. Theotiste-Dorothee de Villeneuve, born and baptized November 1,
1735, at Valensole (r.p.) was ursuline nun at Valensole, and there died
October 21, 1807 (e.c.)
13. Marie-Rose de Villeneuve, born and baptized November 21, 1737, at
Valensole (r.p.), died without alliance (Deb, in this instance, it could
also mean "union" or "marriage") September 9, 1798 (ibid.).
14. Lucrese-Pelagie de Villeneuve, born the 15th and baptized the 16th
of October, 1739, at Valensole (r.p.), died without alliance (*same as
above) June 10, 1817 (ibid.).
15. Augustin de Villeneuve, born and baptized July 16, 1744, at
Valensole (r.p.), had religious benediction (8could mean: priest, monk)
at Valensole, and died within that village October 28, 1802 (e.c.).
XV. Charles-Pierre de Villeneuve, nobleman of Saint-Laurent, born and
baptized March 26, 1724, at Valensole (r.p.), was second lieutenant in
regiment of Flandre infantry July 28, 1742. Attendant of the battle of
Coni, in 1744; named lieutenant of the same regiment January 11, 1744.
Captain of the same regiment September 1, 1748 and knight of
Sainte-Louis in 1760, he discharged the service in 1761. His
inheritance, in 1760, of a part of the lordship of Saint-Laurent, of
which he bequeathed to Augustin Serre, spouse of Marie-Aimare de
Villeneuve-Cananilles (p. 205) and was sold to Charles-Alexandre de
Mazenod. He testifird October 13, 1780 (pr.) in favor of his son,
Silvestre, made legacies for his other children and for his brothers and
sisters, bequeathed the ___(?) profit of his goods to his wife and
died June 9, 1781, at Valensole (r.p.).
Wife. Marie-Madeline-Augustine De Clerissy-Trevans, married at Moustiers
February 6, 1763, and p.c. of same day (pr.), daughter of Pierre de
Clerissy, lord of Trevans and of Saint-Martin, advisor secretary of the
King in the chancellery close to Parliament, and of Madeline Sallier.
She died June 11, 1832, at Valensole (e.c.).
1. Pierre-Charles-Jean-Baptiste-Silvestre de Villeneuve, (PICTURED) as follows.
2. Elzear Jules de Villeneuve, paid after his brother. (?)
Page 6. (p. 212)
3. Hercule-Francoise de Villeneuve, born and baptized
November 15, 1766, at Valensole (r.p.). Obtained a certificate of nobility on
February 4, 1777 for entering military school, but did not follow
through and embraced the order of clergyman. He had his letters of
tonsure on August 18, 1782, was named canon of Sainte-Victor of Marseilles on
March 22, 1785, he died May 21, 1790, at Valensole (r.p.).
4. Francoise-Roseline de Villeneuve, born and baptized November 29,
1768, at Valensole (r.p.), married December 18, 1787 to
Nicolas-Francois-Cesar De Grimaudet De Motheux, former naval
officer, a knight of Sainte-Louis, son of Joseph-Victor de Grimaudet de
Motheux and of Elisabeth de Sabran-Baudinard. She died February 15,
1799, at Reiz (e.c.) and her husband March 18, 1808 at Reiz (e.c.).
5. Victor de Villeneuve, born September 15, 1769, died February 15, 1770
6. Louis-August de Villeneuve, author of branch A, report page 216.
7. Eugene-Mayeul de Villeneuve, twin of precedent, born and
baptized May 11, 1771, at Valensole (r.p.), was second-lieutenant with
regiment of Soissons, emigrated, and died in the army of Conde October
21, 1792, at Landleim, in Souabe.
8. Helion de Villeneuve, author of branch B, report page 219.
9. Joseph-Romee de Villeneuve, born and baptized September
5, 1774, at Valensole (r.p.), died August 4, 1775 (ibid.).
10. Augustin de Villeneuve, born October 5, 1775, died the same day.
11. Victor-Romee de Villeneuve, born and baptized October 13, 1776, at
Valensole (r.p.), died March 9, 1777 (ibid.).
12. Romee de Villeneuve, born and baptized January 12, 1778, at
Valensole (r.p.), entered into the navy and died of Yellow Fever,
October 3, 1802, at Martinique.
13. Eugenie de Villeneuve, born and baptized March 20, 1780, at
Valensole (r.p.), married September 27,1802, at Valensole (r.p.), to
Gabriel-Augustin-Desire De Ravel D'Esclapon, son of Francois-Xavier de
Ravel d'Esclapon, lord of Cabanes, and d'Ursule-Elisabeth de avel.
Mr. (or Mrs.) de Ravel d'Esclapon died October 30, 1850, at Fayence (e.c.),
and his (or her) widow (or widower) September 18, 1864, at Fayence (e.c.).
|Photo & Chart Page 1:
(207-215 in French)
submitted by Thierry de Villeneuve
Transcribed by Debbie Lapierre
from French to English
|Pierre-Charles-Jean-Baptiste-Silvestre de Villeneuve|
|Contribute to Villeneuve Connections:
by submitting photocopies of: Census, misc. certificates, Church records & documents,
family stories, Family and gravestone photo's, handwritten: Pedigree Charts,
ancestor charts, Family Group Sheets, GEDCOM, FTM Files, .jpg files etc.
By Email: email@example.com
or send to:
P. O. Box 124
St. Helens, Oregon 97051 USA
Include a self addressed stamped envelope, and I'll return your photo's, thanks